Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Mustang

I am a cowboy. One day I was walking along a dark and dusty road when I heard a loud but friendly neigh. I decided to follow this noise to see where it was coming from. I followed the dusty track until I found a Mustang in a pen. I walked up to the dark brown coloured horse and started to pat it. Its neigh now was very loud. The Mustang rearing up and then the strong dark hooves hit the fence.

The fence made a loud crashing noise and the Mustang ran into the distance along the dark and dusty road. A few minutes later I heard a creaky noise. I turned towards the noise, a man with a long black beard. He had a shirt that was the colour of the sky on a hot day with no clouds. The man came closer and then he asked me, “Did you let my horse out?" I turned to the man and nodded.

He asked me that because I let the horse out, could I go and get it. I said that I would. I walked back down that dusty black road until I came to a fork in the dusty road. I listened as hard as I could until I heard a sudden neigh to one of the paths. I ran for that path until I came to a city. I walked slowly towards a man sitting in a large olive coloured chair. I asked the man if he had seen a Mustang run through here. He said that it had headed towards the beautiful orange sunset.

I headed this way until I saw the horse trotting around a pen. It looked like the same dark brown coloured horse as before. I ran at the horse and then it started to run away in the opposite direction. The mustang came to a fence. The mustang stopped so I grabbed him. I walked back along that same dusty road and found the house. I gave the man back his Mustang and walked back towards the sunset.

0 comments: